Tuesday 23 August 2011

Video Killed the Information Literacy Star


Cambridge Coffee Pot? What madness is this? Truly the internet was a different place in Ye Olden Dayes....

That said, I was on the WWW back in 1995ish when it really was a different place. Pay by the minute, unintelligible CompuServe e-mail addresses (mine was something like slh565sshtreuif1990@compuserve.internet.worldwideweb.com.uk.us ) and an age for any image to appear. Think of all the precious stand up material that has been lost now that the internet is super fast and images download in a second!
I remember buying computer magazines that actually had printed lists of useful websites in the back. Dear lord, what a smaller, closer and more innocent age.
There is definitely potential for libraries to use YouTube and at SHS there is a project to shoot a video to see what we can do and how far we can go. It’s an interesting idea and I think it does have a lot of mileage, we just need to have the time to do it as well as make sure we have the right message, the right format and so on.
YouTube is one of my biggest time vampires at home.
(I have also added Evernote to my iPad)

No comments:

Post a Comment