Friday 12 August 2011

If a Million Monkeys Completed a Million Surveys...We’d have the new Parliamentary e-Petition Website


When I was at Nokia I used Survey Monkey quite a lot to take opinions across the Quality team and parts of the software engineering division. It was easy to put together, required no special training and you didn't even have to read the instructions to throw one together.
I really liked it but it could be fiddly. I spent one Bank Holiday going through one and very, very carefully realigning all the slides and text to stop ‘flicker’ as you go from one slide to another. I also found it odd that the default setup (Aqua) was a replica of the Argentine flag, minus the central Sun motif.
We’re looking at introducing these more in various parts of the Service, but an issue is with data security. I’m sure SM assume you that all is fine, encrypted, what have you, but there will always be niggling doubts that in the small print there is something about all data belonging to Nordstrom Defence Dynamics, parent company of Survey Monkey.
But maybe that’s post Facebook privacy paranoia.
I have created a Survey Monkey survey to survey people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment