Friday 26 August 2011

Podcastaway

The Complete Guide to Everything is the podcast I listen to most of all. A couple of Yanks who, for a reason no one quite understands, are listened to by a massive number of Brits despite their talk of baseball, 1990’s Americana and college life.  It is the first podcast I have ever listened to on a regular basis and I like downloading a new one each week, ready for the Monday commute.
I tried to listen to the Royal Society podcasts (being dead smart and that) but dear LORD they could be dry as dust. With bad speakers as well or reliant on too many slides that I had to imagine. Don’t get me wrong, there are some good ones but too many were a snoozefest.
I’ve listened to a couple of ‘work’ related ones but with any audio input only experience I start to lose interest unless it manages to grab me. Which is a reason why the RS went into the bin along with, it has to be said, much of Richard Herring’s output. And I really like him usually.
A podcast that told you how to walk between the different library sites and also informed you of the local history and what impact the University has had could be interesting. Hmmm. A project for the new year?
I don’t really listen to music so have not got a Spotify account yet. After Glastonbury that is changing, but music is still a bit odd to me so I may come back to that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment