Monday 13 June 2011

A New Week

I see that there are some more blogs now for 23 Things City and I even have some followers. Rather like a cult leader. But as they all seem to be people in my team I know they already see me as some sort of cult figure for SCHS Libraries. Can I order white robes and a sickle made from meteoric iron on petty cash?

One of my e-mails this AM was from the SLA (Special Libraries Association) and they had a link to their 23 Things. I hadn’t realised this was so popular but I suppose it is a good way to roll out knowledge sharing, skills, et al.

SLA are a little like CILIP but less on the ‘that will be £300 for a training session please’ and more on the ‘we’re having a cheese and wine evening, why not come and network’. I intend to blog about CILIP at some point so I’ll save which side of the fence I come down on. They’re also more USA based and have their conference in Philly this year, which is where cheese steaks come from. Which sound both disgusting and the best food ever.

http://www.sla-europe.org/2011/06/07/resource-review-23-things/

1 comment:

  1. One of the great things about librarianship is that we're not short of networking opportunities - CILIP had lots of things to offer but you can be a member of more than one association: it doesn't have to be either/or
    Rowena

    ReplyDelete