Tuesday 8 November 2011

Ketchup and Mash

So, what has  happened since the last update? 

As you can see the first assignment was handed in. I passed so that's all good. Some useful feedback from the marker as well. I could have sworn I'd put references in and what I'd read but apparently not. Ho hum. Not a terrible mark but no prizes will be won. 

DITA session 5 was on Web 2.0. Even that term sounds slightly old fashioned now. Soon we may move into having named that are iterations rather than numbers as the version number upgrades so much. Web Social, Web Primitive, Web Multimedia, Self Created Web, etc, etc. 

We talked of things such as Facebook and Friends Reunited. I made some excellent points in the discussion in the labs, all of which I have forgotten other than that FR made people look like a happy success whereas FB shows that all is chaos and failure. 

We  had reading week here and the records for that period must remain sealed and not appear on this blog until 25 years after my death. 

Session 6 was on API's and web services. We were back to some of our light programming And I saw just how much of it I remembered. Thank heaven for copy and paste. 

I did knock up something of a mashup page so I too can start polluting the WWW. I won't link to it here as it is too tragic. The fact that the University IT systems seemed to go down around the time the class was doing this is doubtless a coincidence. Behold our XML skills and despair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment